SawCrafts is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com
Buying a table saw is quite an investment, so you want to get it right. Expect to pay several thousand dollars for the best cabinet table saw of 2018.
Several factors, especially motor size and safety features, need careful consideration. In addition, the kind of jobs you do most frequently using your cabinet table saw also matters.
In this article, we present reviews and comparisons to help you pick the best cabinet table saw.
Comparing the main features and listing the pros and cons, we guide you through our top 5 cabinet table saws. By the end, you’ll be in a position to decide which one to spend your hard-earned dollars on.
Top 5 Cabinet Table Saw Comparison Chart
Best Cabinet Table Saw Reviews
1. Grizzly G0690 Cabinet Table Saw with Riving Knife
Designed for heavy use, the Grizzly G0690 boasts a powerful 3 HP, 220V motor. This means you can saw hardwood effortlessly. The cuts are smooth and ripping is easy.
Even people who use a cabinet table saw professionally appreciate the power and durability of this saw. Despite being one of the cheapest products reviewed here, the Grizzly still delivers on all fronts.
Including the Grizzly G0690 in this roundup of the best cabinet table saws was a no-brainer. Apart from its affordability, power and many different features, we like its quality and performance. Thanks to the 3 HP motor, sawing hardwood is easy. The riving knife moves up and down with the blade, which means you won’t need to use a splitter.
In addition, the camlock T-fence facilitates easy gliding and is adjustable using nylon runners. The miter gauge features a T-slot, while standard and dado inserts are included as standard. Another convenient feature is the dust collector, which all but eliminates the need for cleaning.
When it comes to durability, you won’t need to worry either. The cast iron table combines with cast iron trunnions, heavy cast handwheels, and a cast iron, polished and hardened table top.
Measuring 30 x 24 x 43 inches, this cabinet table saw makes woodworking safe and easy. The arbor comes in at 5/8 inches in size and has an impressive 4’300 RPM. Both the maximum arbor and dado rip capacity are 29 ½ inches.
When cutting at a 90˚ you can get a depth of 3 1/8 inches and 2 3/16 if using a 45˚ cutting angle.
No doubt, with its left-tilting blade, this cabinet table saw will make light work of cutting 2-inch hardwood lengths.
- Arbor speed: 4,300 RPM Arbor size: 5/8"
- Maximum dado width: 13/16" Maximum rip capacity: 29½"
- Maximum depth of cut @ 90°: 3-1/8" Maximum depth of cut @ 45°: 2-3/16"
- Motor: 3 HP, 220V, single-phase Leeson
- Table height from floor: 34" Table size with extension: 27" x 40" Overall dimensions: 62"L x 41"W x 40"H
What's to like about the Grizzly G0690 Cabinet Table Saw with Riving Knife
- Durable cast iron construction
- Value for money
- Excellent features including dust collector T-slot miter gauge and T-fence
- 3HP motor
What's not to like about the Grizzly G0690 Cabinet Table Saw with Riving Knife
- Difficult assembly
- Blade included with the saw isn’t very high quality
2. SawStop 1.75-HP Professional Cabinet Table Saw
SawStop have made safety their main priority, which makes sense as cabinet table saw accidents are common and extremely serious. Incorporating many added safety features, the company has managed to create a top contender in the best cabinet table saw list.
As well as offering lots of safety features, this saw is available with a 1.75 or 3 HP motor. The left-tilted blade stops the wood from getting caught along the fence, while the riving knife minimizes kickback.
This 1.75 HP cabinet table saw measures 61 3/4″ wide x 31 1/8″ deep x 34″ high and incorporates a 2” T-fence as well as an extension table and rails. This means that you can work with long lengths of wood without any issue. In addition, the integrated mobile base features two 360˚-swivel wheels so you can easily move location.
All parts are as durable as the Grizzly’s, with this cabinet table saw boasting an unusually thick arbor. To minimize vibrations, the manufacturers have fitted this cabinet table saw with V-ribbed belts.
In addition, the dust collector gathers 99% of dust, while the gas-piston assist allows the trunnion to glide smoothly. Using high-quality steel in the T-fence, the people at SawStop have also made sure to guarantee 100% lockdown to prevent any movement.
When it comes to the special safety features, this saw comes with a blade that carries an electrical signal. Once the blade approaches human body parts, the saw shuts off automatically, and the blade drops down to prevent any injuries. All of this happens in less than 5 milliseconds.
All in all, this is a strong contender for the best cabinet table saw title, even though the standard model only features a 1.75 HP motor.
- Item may ship in more than one box and may arrive separately
- 69 1/8" w, 33" d, 34" h
- Unmatched fit and finish with a keen attention to detail
- SawStop safety system
- 36" Professional T-Glide Fence System provides smooth operation, precision measurement and sure lockdown without deflection.Durable Powder Coat Fisnish
What's to like about the SawStop 1.75-HP Professional Cabinet Table Saw
- Excellent design
- Base features rotating wheels for easy change of location
- Excellent safety features including riving knife and light signal sensor
- Extension table included
What's not to like about the SawStop 1.75-HP Professional Cabinet Table Saw
- Extension table slopes down
3. JET Deluxe 3-HP 50-Inch Rip Fence Cabinet Table Saw
A definite contender for the best cabinet table saw of 2018, the Jet Deluxe screams durability, power and sturdiness. Incorporating a high-performance saw, riving knife and arbor lock, this cabinet saw performs impressively, while providing the user with plenty of convenient and safety-enhancing features.
What’s more, the operation is smooth and clinical thanks to features like the magnetic on/off switch to guard against power fluctuations and the poly V-belt.
Mostly made from cast iron, this cabinet table saw is sturdier than most. This is especially noticeable during use. Operation is smooth and rather quiet despite the power of the motor.
At the heart of this saw you’ve got a wide, cast iron trunnion mechanism incorporating the motor, handwheel and magnetic controls along with the sealed storage drawer.
Other features include a 50-inch T-square design fence and a 42 x 29-inch table, perfect for working on large pieces of wood. Like the previous two saws, the Jet also features a left-tilting blade for added safety.
When it comes to protecting the user, this saw comes with an anti-kickback pawl, riving knife and modular blade guard.
With this saw, making smooth cuts on long lengths of wood is effortless, which is why it ranks high on the best cabinet table saw list.
- Quick release riving knife greatly reduces binding or kickback risk
- Push button arbor lock for rapid blade change
- Poly-V drive belt system delivers efficient, quiet operation
- Left tilt, Wide stance heavy-duty trunnion for stability and smooth blade positioning
- Enclosed cabinet with built-in sealed storage drawer
What's to like about the JET Deluxe 3-HP 50-Inch Rip Fence Cabinet Table Saw
- Very sturdy
- Heavy-duty trunnion for extra stability
- Quiet operation
- Built-in sealed drawer
What's not to like about the JET Deluxe 3-HP 50-Inch Rip Fence Cabinet Table Saw
- Difficult to assemble
- Tabletop not fully level
4. Powermatic PM1000 1791000K Table Saw 30-Inch Fence
This is the cabinet table saw every manufacturer in the field aspires to replicate. No matter what your level of craftsmanship and woodworking expertise is, this is without doubt a top contender for the title of best cabinet table saw.
Combining a sturdy worksurface with a plethora of useful features and safeguards, the Powermatic stands well above the rest, even when it comes to the price bracket.
What you get here is a high-performance 1.75 HP motor, a miter gauge pivoting 60˚ to either side and a hands-free power switch as well as Powermatic’s unique Accu-fence system. Because the cast iron base is so heavy, stability during operation is never an issue. What’s more, this cabinet table saw runs smoothly without making too much noise. Vibration is minimal too.
As for the safety, well, the people at Powermatic have incorporated several safety features including a knee-operated stop button and a safety switch with a magnetic interlock system. Assembly is easy, and durability won’t be an issue as this is one of the sturdiest cabinet table saws out there. No wonder it has won awards.
- Cabinet saw that only requires 115V power
- A blade surround and collection hose provide an unobstructed path, maximizing dust collection
- Conveniently located hands free power switch
- Tool-less guard assembly with independent side leaves is easy to use, maximizing safety
- The sturdy miter gauge pivots 60 degrees to either side, allowing easy adjustment for a full range of cuts
What's to like about the Powermatic PM1000 1791000K Table Saw 30-Inch Fence
- Easy assembly
- Made from top-quality materials for extra durability
- Runs smoothly and quietly
- Excellent safety features
What's not to like about the Powermatic PM1000 1791000K Table Saw 30-Inch Fence
- If you are cutting hardwood on a regular basis, the 1.75 HP motor may not suffice
5. Shop Fox W1819 3 HP 10-Inch Cabinet Table Saw
Priced on the lower end of the scale, the Shop Fox has still got plenty to offer. This cabinet table saw can go the distance thanks to the durable materials used.
Here, you get a 3 HP motor and large cast iron table/wings along with a dust collection port and a T-slot miter gauge. Thanks to these features the Shop Fox W1819 makes it onto our best cabinet table saw list.
Built with durability, user safety and ease of use in mind, this cabinet table saw incorporates well-thought-out elements. Starting with the high-performance 3 HP motor and the triple belt drive, this saw makes working on long pieces child’s play. Both the T-slot miter gauge and the camlock fence don’t disappoint either, nor does the effective dust collection port.
For added safety, the manufacturers have added a built-in a blade guard assembly with anti-kickback sprawls on either side of a spreader as well as a clear shield. This means that the piece of wood you’re working on won’t budge, and you can see precisely what’s going on. Kickback is no issue either.
- Item may ship in more than one box and may arrive separately
- Precision ground and polished cast iron table and wings and massive cast iron trunnions
- Quick release riving knife, blade guard and splitter assembly
- Wide span easy glide T-fence system with positive camlock and phenolic face and smooth gliding nylon runners
- Adjustable T-slot miter gauge with anodized fence extension and flip stop
What's to like about the Shop Fox W1819 3 HP 10-Inch Cabinet Table Saw
- Value for money
- Durable and high-quality materials
- Adequate safety features
What's not to like about the Shop Fox W1819 3 HP 10-Inch Cabinet Table Saw
- Parts may ship separately
So, these are the frontrunners in the best cabinet table saw of 2018 contest. Both the Powermatic and SawStop get 5/5 stars, but the other saws featured here are also more than adequate.
Your choice will depend on your use and budget, but rest assured, you’ll do well with any of these saws.