Trying to figure out which is the best corded circular saw to buy can sometimes feel like trying to herd cats.
As soon as you have narrowed down your choices, something else comes along and throws another figurative spanner in the works.
We have compiled a list of the best corded circular saws on the market to help you make the decision that is right for you.
Top 5 Corded Circular Saw Comparison Chart
Best Corded Circular Saw Reviews
1. SKIL 5280-01 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw
SKIL products have been well known for decades for their ease of use and affordability. The company specializes in providing DIY-ers with tools that are easy to use and economical, without sacrificing quality.
SKIL upgraded their 5680-01 with the new 5280-01, improving the performance of the motor and reducing the weight by 15%, from 11.2lbs to 9.5lbs. This new design comes with a 5300 rpm15A motor.
The design ensures that it is well balanced and easy to manipulate. It will comfortably slice through most types of wood without difficulty. The blade will cut to a depth of 2-3/8”, and beveling can be done up to 51°, with positive stops at 45° and a cutting depth of 1-15/16”.
Using the laser beam ensures that the blade remains on the cutting line, while the dust blower keeps the line of sight dust free. However, if you are using guides and getting distracted, the laser can be switched on and off as needed.
A 7-1/4” 24-tooth carbide-tipped blade is included in the package. Blades can easily be changed with the spindle lock and on-tool wrench.
Although SKIL has not included a safety brake in the design, the safety button that you have to push to pull the start trigger is easy enough to use with one hand while holding the saw with the other.
A final finishing touch has been added with a sturdy canvas bag which you can store the saw in and carry around.
- Powerful 14-amp motor delivers 5,300-RPM for greater speed and faster cuts
- 7-1/4-in carbide-tipped blade included. Spindle lock for easy blade changes.
- 51° bevel capacity for a wide variety of cuts. Arbor size: 5/8 inches, cord length: 6 feet
- Lightweight 6.95-lb design reduces fatigue
- Dust blower keeps line-of-cut free of sawdust for improved visibility.Anti-snag lower guard reduces snags when making narrow cut-offs
What's to like about the SKIL 5280-01 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw
- Easy to use
- Improved motor
- Laser guide
What's not to like about the SKIL 5280-01 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw
- Laser is difficult to see in sunlight
2. Tacklife PES01A 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw (PES01A)
Once you start looking at the different options on the market, you quickly realize that just plain power and strength are not the only things to consider when buying a circular saw. Small extras do make a difference. This is something that Tacklife understands and has tried to incorporate into this saw.
The Tacklife PES01A is lightweight but still packs a mighty punch in the corded saw department. The pure copper motor gets more power and 4,500 RPM out of 12.5A.
Larder corded circular saws are notoriously heavy to work with after a while, but this saw is light enough at 9.3lbs so it won’t become tiring to handle after just a few minutes of use.
Cutting with this saw is easy - the laser guide will keep you going straight, with a scale rule to make double sure that you’re staying on line. There’s an adjustable cutting angle with a maximum depth of 2-1/2” at 90° and bevel cutting of 1-4/5” at 45°.
Safety is assured with a double safety switch. A soft no-slip rubberized handle will provide a comfortable grip that won’t put strain on your hands.
This saw comes with quite a few accessories: a rip guide for precision cutting, a dust blower to keep your line of site clear, and an extra blade clamp for 5/8” blade hole. An Allen wrench is also supplied for easy installation and removal of blades. All of this is in addition to two carbide-tipped blades.
- POWERFUL & LIGHTWEIGHT - Powerful 12.5 Amp 1500W (Equivalent to 15 Amp 1800W ), 4500 RPM pure copper motor delivers power and speed to make the most demanding cuts with ease. Only 9.3 lbs, it is lighter than regular ones, reducing your fatigue for less down time
- DEPTH & BEVEL CUTTING WITH LASER GUIDE - Built-in laser guide delivers straight, accurate cuts with precise depth control. Cutting angel is adjustable, maximum cutting depth at 90 Degree is 2-1/2'' and bevel capacity at 45 Degree is 1-4/5''
- EXTRA 40T BLADE & LIGHTWEIGHT ALUMINUM GUARD - Included extra 40-tooth carbide blade can be applicable for wood, tile, plywood, soft metal cutting. Aluminium guards provide maximum durability and extended tool life
- DOUBLE SAFETY SWITCH & DUST BLOWER - Double controlling switch avoid careless starting to guarantee your safety. Integrated dust blower helps to clear cut line for improved visibility
- PRACTICAL ACCESSORIES READY FOR YOUR PROJECT - Come with rip guide for accurate cutting, Allen wrench for convenient blades installation and removal, dust blower keeps the line of cutting sawdust free
What's to like about the Tacklife PES01A 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw (PES01A)
- Copper motor
- Laser guide
- Effective dust blower
- Comes with two blades: 24T and 40T
What's not to like about the Tacklife PES01A 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw (PES01A)
- Not a major brand
3. DEWALT DWE575SB 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw
The guys at DEWALT have been in the power tool game for decades. Their tools are used by professionals as well as dedicated amateurs.
At only 8.8lbs, this saw is one of the lighter 7-1/4” saws on the market. However, just because it’s light, you shouldn’t think it’s flimsy. DEWALT has tried to incorporate as many durability features into the design as possible.
To begin with, there’s a ball bearing lower guard design to protect the blade. The DEWALT patented tough cord design ensures that the cord will last as long as the tool and won’t pull out easily while you’re busy working. Finally, an aluminum shoe provides a steady base that will stay in position no matter how roughly the saw is handled.
In addition, the saw has enough power to slice through the toughest woods with a motor that has a maximum of 1,950 watts and spins at 5,100 RPM.
The unit features a 57° bevel capacity, with 22.5° and 45° detents and a 2 9/16” depth capacity. The blade is positioned on the right hand of the unit. A 7-1/2” blade is supplied with the saw and on-board blade storage makes it simple and easy to change the blade if you need to.
The dust blower blows dust forward, keeping your line of sight clear. Unfortunately, the unit is not supplied with a laser guide like other comparable models, but that’s not exactly necessary for seasoned woodworkers.
DEWALT also clearly understands how important safety is for someone who is working with power tools. An electric brake makes sure that once your finger is lifted off the trigger, the blade stops turning within two seconds, which also allows the operator to start repetitive cuts faster.
Finally, a sturdy canvas bag with rubber feet is supplied to carry the saw around with.
- Lightweight and compact 15A (Ampere) saw delivers power for the toughest applications
- This product is manufactured in China
- This product meets customer requirement
- Lightweight and compact 8.8-Pound
- Electric Brake
What's to like about the DEWALT DWE575SB 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw
- Light yet durable
- Powerful motor
- Electric brake
- Durable cord
- Up to 57° bevel
What's not to like about the DEWALT DWE575SB 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw
- No laser guide
4. PORTER-CABLE PCE300 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw
With so many new choices on the market, it is sometimes worth keeping in mind the classics that have proven themselves time after time, generation after generation. Porter-Cable is one such brand that has become a staple in many a toolbox across the years
The Porter-Cable PCE300 has a 15A motor rated at 5,500 rpm to easily slip through the most stubborn of materials. The unit is comfortable to hold in your hand, well-balanced, and with a solid feel despite weighing only 9.5lbs. It maneuvers well and is easy to control.
The circular saw has a steel shoe that enables a clear line of sight and upper and lower guards that provide added stability. The blade can be adjusted to bevel at 45° (leaning to the right) with a max depth of 1-7/8”. 90° cuts can be done to a depth of 2-1/2”. An 18-tooth carbide-tipped blade is supplied with the purchase.
Unfortunately, there is no safety switch on the saw. The moment you press the trigger the saw starts spinning.
The spindle lock and depth adjustment ensure that you can change settings and blades quickly, no matter where you are. Rubberized handles ensure a steady grip and less fatigue on your hands while you are working.
- 15 amp motor running at 5,500 RPM provides power and speed through applications
- Steel shoe with optimum line of sight provides accurate cuts and durable construction
- Spindle lock and depth adjustment for quick adjustments on the job
- Only 9.5 lbs, with Aux handle, provide comfort and clear line of sight
What's to like about the PORTER-CABLE PCE300 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw
- 5500 RPM 15A motor
- Upper and lower guards provide stability
What's not to like about the PORTER-CABLE PCE300 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw
- No safety buttons
5. WORX WX429L 4-1/2" Circular Saw
WORX Tools made its name in garden tools and equipment. In fact, the company won the Product of the Year Award by DIY Weekly for its leaf blower/vacuum and Eco cordless lawnmower. WORX branched out and now has 30 power tools in its product range,
The WORX WX429L is a compact 4.5” circular saw that you can use with one hand. It weighs less than 5lbs, making it easy to handle and control.
The thin blade design means that there is less tool strain. This contributes to the same cutting capability as larger saws (within reason). It will easily cut through siding and 2x4s without the additional arm fatigue that becomes noticeable on the larger models.
The blade is positioned on the left-hand side of the unit, similar to those of many cordless models. The sure handle secures the saw in your grip. Changing the angle of the blade is simple with an easy-set gauge and 0°- 45° bevel settings. The blade will cut 90° to a depth of 2”.
The integrated safety switch is positioned under the unit in front of the trigger button, which unfortunately could lead to it being damaged if it fell on the floor. The vacuum adaptor makes cleaning dust a lot easier.
This circular saw is backed by WORX’s 3-Year warranty.
- Cut 2x4's in a single pass with an easily maneuverable compact saw that weighs 50% less than a traditional 7-1/4" circular saw
- Thin blade makes for less tool strain, resulting in full size circular saw cutting speed and performance.Blade Size 4.5 inches. No-Load Speed 3500/rpm
- Easy-set depth gauge lever and 0-45-degree bevel settings for quick adjustments. The WORXSAW is substantial enough to cut through nominal 2 inch lumber, yet light enough for the DIY'er to easily and comfortably maneuver. Cut wood, metal, tile or plastic with ease
- Left-sided blade design for great cut-line visibility; grip with integrated safety trigger for comfort, balance, and control
- Box includes 4-1/2" WORXSAW, 24T Carbide-tipped Blade, Parallel Guide, Vacuum Adapter, Allen Key, and Manufacturer's 3-year warranty
What's to like about the WORX WX429L 4-1/2" Circular Saw
- Compact and lightweight
- One-hand operation
- Vacuum adaptor
What's not to like about the WORX WX429L 4-1/2" Circular Saw
- Limited by the small blade
After looking at all the options, in our opinion, the best corded circular saw is the DEWALT DEE575SB 7-1/4” circular saw. The wide range of features, as well as the emphasis placed on safety, ensures that this model meets the requirements for a heavy-duty circular saw that can meet any challenge.
If you want an even easier saw to handle, the 4.5” WORX WX429L qualifies as an honorable mention for the best corded circular saw. Its compact design and extended handle allow one-hand operation, and the attachments that accompany the saw make it great value for money.