Creating accurate circular cuts, bevel cuts and working with multiple materials like wood, aluminum, sheet metal and plastic will almost always require a good jigsaw power tool. The corded designs today come with a lot of power and a high degree of accuracy.
We think the top 5 corded jigsaws in this article are the best you’ll find. Buying the best corded jigsaw doesn’t always have to cost a fortune. Check out the full reviews on the best five corded jigsaws from some of the top power tool manufacturers below.
Top 5 Corded Jigsaws Comparison Chart
Best Corded Jigsaw Reviews
1. Bosch JS470E Jigsaw
Bosch may not be the first brand you think of when it comes to power tools but they certainly hit it out of the park with the JS470E jigsaw. It’s an accurate tool that’s easy to use for bevel and circular cuts.
The JS470E is powered by a 7A 120V motor that can be plugged into all standard outlets. This motor is enough to give you a maximum of 3000 strokes per minute (SPM). The speed, however, can be adjusted using dial and trigger controls.
You can set the JS470E to run at any SPM between 500 and 3000. It has enough power to cut through hardwood. You can also cut 7/8-inch aluminum and 3/8-inch mild steel. The blade has an ejection mechanism which means it’s easy to remove the old one and install a new one without any tool.
The ability of the JS470E to maintain the desired speed is what makes its cuts so precise. Not only that, but the four orbital action settings let you find the perfect blade action for the job.
This jigsaw only weighs 5.6 pounds. Considering the lightweight design, 45-degree bevel cut angle and the 10ft cord, it really is a great tool for DIYers and professional carpenters alike. It even has a dust blower that keeps the cutting line clear of debris.
- CONVENIENT: Featuring a tool-less blade-change system and fast insertion with a blade ejection lever that eliminates need to touch hot saw blade
- 4-in-1: Four orbital-action tool settings provide different blade strokes for smooth to aggressive cuts for taking on the toughest cutting tasks
- CONTROL: Variable speed dial sets maximum speed and accelerator trigger controls operating speed. Features an ambidextrous lock-on button for steadiness and user comfort
- SECURE: This Bosch tool includes a large, sturdy die-cast foot with steel insert and on-board bevel wrench. The JS470E's multidirectional blade clamp delivers superior grip of T-shank blades
- ACCURACY: Internal precision-machined plunging system and low-vibration design enhances accuracy and allows for the smooth jigsaw operation in a variety of jobs
What's to like about the Bosch JS470E Jigsaw
- Ergonomic design
- Adjustable built-in dust blower
- Ambidextrous lock-on button
- Tool-less blade changing system
- Low vibrations
- Max 3000 SPM
What's not to like about the Bosch JS470E Jigsaw
- No U-shank blade support
2. Black + Decker BDEJS600C Jigsaw
The Black + Decker BDEJS600C jigsaw offers great value for the money. It’s not the sturdiest model but it doesn’t compromise safety features, precision or overall quality to get the job done on a budget.
The BDEJS600C jigsaw runs on a 5A 120V motor. The speed control lets you adjust anywhere between 800 and 3000 SPM for as much cutting power as you need or to suit the material. You can also adjust the blade action between four orbital presets using what Black + Decker calls Curve Control technology.
The ability of the BDEJ600C to perform clean 45-degree bevel cuts is impressive. It will take a very steady hand to pull it off but that just means that this power tool excels in the hands of a professional. It also has an adjustable shoe with which you can create a stable cutting platform for bevel cuts.
The blade clamp doesn’t need any tools so changing the blade is done by ejection. You can use both U- and T-shank blades with the BDEJ600C. Even so, the U-shank blades won’t mirror the efficiency of the T-shank blades.
The BDEJ600C weighs 5.2 pounds and is easy to handle. The wire guard is an improvement over previous models and allows for more visibility over the cutting line which can be an immense help for hobbyists and amateurs.
- Curve Control technology which allows you to adjust the saw's orbit in 1 of 4 customized settings
- 5 Amp variable-speed motor; up to 3,000 SPM of cutting power
- Can make 45 degree bevel cuts; with adjustable shoe for stability
- New and improved Wire Guard
- Dust blower
What's to like about the Black + Decker BDEJS600C Jigsaw
- Adjustable orbital action
- Bevel shoe
- Tool-less blade change
What's not to like about the Black + Decker BDEJS600C Jigsaw
- U-shank blade support is minimal
3. DeWalt DW317K Jigsaw
A lot of people buy the DW317K (or any DeWalt) for its bright yellow color that makes it easy to spot and harder to lose at job sites. However, there are plenty of relevant features that make the DeWalt DW317K a solid choice if you’re shopping for an accurate jigsaw.
The DW317K is a bit heavier than its competitors at 7.7 pounds, but it is a heavy-duty corded jigsaw. This means it packs a lot of power in a compact design. At maximum speed, the 5.5A motor supports 3100 SPM.
You can change the orbital action of the blade to be faster or more aggressive based on the four levels that come with the DW317K jigsaw. Do keep in mind that this system doesn’t lock in place as well as some of the competitor jigsaws. There is a chance that during high vibrations the orbital setting may revert back.
The DW317K may not be the best corded jigsaw overall but it can perform bevel cuts up to 45 degrees like the best of them. The grip is also quite comfortable even if the weight is slightly higher. The tool-less blade changing system is nice to have as it compensates for the lack of other features.
- The product is HD jig saw kit
- Easy to use
- The product is manufactured in China
- Keyless blade clamp allows for quick blade change without touching blade or reciprocating shaft
- 5.5 Amp motor deliver powerful cuts in the hardest materials
What's to like about the DeWalt DW317K Jigsaw
- Tool-less blade clamp
- 4-position orbital action
- Great bevel cutting ability
- High SPM
- Quality motor
What's not to like about the DeWalt DW317K Jigsaw
- No LED light
- Orbital dial is on the trigger
4. Tacklife PJS02A Jigsaw
The PSJ02A is probably the best corded jigsaw that doesn’t break the bank or sacrifice quantity and quality to get the job done. It’s durable, easy to use and operates at very low vibrations even when cutting at maximum speed.
The 6.7A motor is a powerful top-of-the-line motor. It produces a maximum of 3100 SPM without load and can maintain 3000 SPM on certain projects. There is also a 4-setting orbital blade control so you can have it set for maximum efficiency depending on the task.
In addition, the variable 6-speed control lets you set the SPM for specific materials and cutting patterns. The 5th and 6th speed settings are recommended for wood and 3rd through 6th are for aluminum. Check the manual or experiment for other materials. The beveling shoe lets you do accurate bevel cuts up to 45 degrees with high accuracy.
The PSJ02A is a great backup tool and an even better main tool for hobbyists. The ergonomic design and the rubber coating on the handle make for a strain-free cutting experience. The cord is 9.8 ft long which gives you enough freedom to move and perform cuts.
- 【POWERFUL WITH SWITCHABLE LASER GUIDE & LED】 - Powerful 6.7 Amp pure copper motor rotates constantly at an 3,000 strokes per minute and generates less heat for efficient cuts and extended product life; 4 gears of built-in laser guide and LED light illuminates the line of cut for increased accuracy.
- 【VARIABLE SPEED & ANGLE WITH LOCK SPEED SWITCH】 - Variable speed control dial (1-6) enables you to match the speed to the application for superior results; Adjustable bevel cutting angle (0°-45°) can be used to complete more difficult work; Locking-speed switch allows you to lock the speed without a constant grip to reduce fatigue and ensure operational stability.
- 【EXTRA ACCESSORIES WITH QUICK TOOL-FREE BLADE CHANGE】 - Supplied 6 pcs jig saw blades permits direct use out of box, ideal for straight, diagonal and curve cutting of wood, plastic, metal, aluminum etc; Keyless blade clamp for fast, easy blade installation and removal without the use of tools.
- 【STABLE AND CLEAN CUTTING】 - 4-position orbital operation provides aggressive cutting of a variety of materials. Adjustable shoe for cutting stability. Transparent guard and dust exhaust pipe prevents dust to maintain your clean work environment, dust blower button push forward can blow away dust, push back can suck the dust into dust extractor socket.
- 【PACKAGE CONTENTS】 - Tacklife PJS02A Laser JigSaw; 6pcs Jigsaw Blades; Metal Guide Ruler; Dust Exhaust Pipe; Allen Wrench; Carrying Case; User Manual; Warranty Card; 24 Months Warranty. An ergonomic Anti-skid top handle increased comfort and control.
What's to like about the Tacklife PJS02A Jigsaw
- Beveling shoe
- Keyless blade change system
- 4-orbital blade stroke setting
- High-quality materials
- Top-of-the-line motor
- Built-in LED light
- Laser guide
What's not to like about the Tacklife PJS02A Jigsaw
- Relatively bulky
5. Porter-Cable PCE345 Jigsaw
Now owned by Black + Decker, Porter-Cable has a good reputation for making quality power tools and their budget-friendly PCE345 jigsaw is no exception. This model might just be the best corded jigsaw Porter-Cable offers in terms of value for money.
The PCE345 corded jigsaw’s 6A motor offers up to 3200 SPM without load and you can adjust this through seven speed positions. This makes it a breeze to customize the tool for specific tasks and materials.
Whether you need a circular cut or a bevel cut, the PCE345 has good orbital stroke customization to let you drive it in as smoothly or aggressively as you need to. The easy blade change is always a welcomed feature on handheld cutting tools.
The speed lock-on feature of the PCE345 is one of its main draws. Hitting the lock-on button creates a lot of stability when you’re working on intricate cutting patterns or just very long cuts. The overmold front and top handles give you great grip and help you to avoid fatigue during long projects.
- 7 position speed dial integrated in the trigger
- 6 amp motor for more power
- 4 orbital settings for a variety of materials
- Lock-on button for prolonged use
- Tool free blade change
What's to like about the Porter-Cable PCE345 Jigsaw
- Powerful motor
- Keyless blade change system
- Excellent grip
- 4 orbital action settings
- Beveling shoe
What's not to like about the Porter-Cable PCE345 Jigsaw
- No LED light
Shopping for the best corded jigsaw is often a matter of personal preference and/or brand loyalty, but the Tacklife PSJ02A is perhaps the most complete corded jigsaw you can find at a reasonable price. It’s our top choice because of its user-friendly design and superior visibility afforded by the LED light and laser guide combination.
It has all the extra safety and quality features you could hope for on a corded jigsaw without sacrificing power and precision. If you’re just looking for a decent jigsaw for the job and you don’t care about bonus perks, you could go for the Porter-Cable PCE345 which gets the job done at a low price.