SawCrafts is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com
One of the most important tools for any handyman or construction worker is the circular saw.
A circular saw needs to be easy to handle, safe and cut with accuracy and efficiency. We’ll focus here on cordless circular saws. The good news is that you don’t need to go through the tiresome process of sifting through all the choices out there.
We’ve done the legwork for you by investigating which is the best cordless circular saw on the market. Here are our reviews to help you choose the best cordless circular saw for your specific needs.
Quick NavigationTop 5 Best Cordless Circular Saws Comparison ChartBest Cordless Circular Reviews1. DEWALT DCS391B 20V MAX 6.5-Inch Circular Saw2. BLACK + DECKER BDCCS20B 20V MAX 5.5-Inch Circular Saw3. Makita SH02R1 12V Max CXT 3-3/8” Circular Saw Kit4. PORTER-CABLE PCC660B 20V Max 6.5-Inch Circular Saw5. Hitachi C18DGLP4 18V 6.5-Inch Circular SawFINAL VERDICT
Top 5 Best Cordless Circular Saws Comparison Chart
Best Cordless Circular Reviews
1. DEWALT DCS391B 20V MAX 6.5-Inch Circular Saw
DEWALT is so well known within the industry that 70 percent of tradesmen immediately recognize the name with its distinctive yellow and black design.
The DEWALT DCS391B 20V circular saw is not just a tool for those in the construction industry, but is also a reliable and safe piece of equipment for woodworkers and would-be carpenters who are new to the craft, as it deals well with various types of cutting jobs. DEWALT is so confident in their product that they offer a 3-year limited warranty, 1-year free service and a 90-day money-back guarantee.This cordless saw runs off a 20V battery pack and comes with a standard 6.5” carbide-tipped blade. Being cordless, this model allows you to complete sawing tasks quickly and easily. The unit uses standard DEWALT batteries (the 4.0Ah is recommended), but unfortunately these need to be purchased separately.Depending on the wood being sawed, the battery life could become a bit of a problem due to the powerful motor, which is rated at 460 MWO and 5150 RPM. Despite the impressive motor, the saw is lightweight, making working with it easier and causing less stress on your arms and back, while working in awkward positions becomes a breeze!The over-molded comfort grip ensures steady handling and comfort. An electric brake reverses electricity within 2 seconds of releasing the trigger, preventing your fingers from getting hurt while working. The high-strength magnesium shoe is lightweight and precise.The DEWALT DCS391B is powerful enough to ensure that most cuts are done precisely and easily with the minimum of hassle, which can’t be said of all cordless circular saws. Bevel cuts of up to 50 degrees can easily be done for a professional finish.
- Powerful 460 MWO, 5,150 RPM motor delivers power and speed to make the most demanding cuts with ease
- High strength and lightweight magnesium shoe provides jobsite durability for long-term cut accuracy
- 0-50°(degree) bevel capacity allows for aggressive bevel cuts for a multitude of applications
- Optimized rubber overmolded comfort grip delivers optimal balance and control; Power Tool Type: Cordless
- 6.5-Inch carbide-tipped blade for cutting 2 times material at 90° and 45° and more cuts per charge
What’s to like about the DEWALT DCS391B 20V MAX 6.5-Inch Circular Saw
- Powerful motor
- Reliable electric brake
- Does beveling up to 50 degrees
- Excellent handling
What’s not to like about the DEWALT DCS391B 20V MAX 6.5-Inch Circular Saw
- High battery usage
2. BLACK + DECKER BDCCS20B 20V MAX 5.5-Inch Circular Saw
Black +Decker has been in the home improvement business for more than 100 years. The company was started in Baltimore as a small machine shop by the eponymous Duncan Black and Alonzo G. Decker. By 1917 they patented the first electric handheld pistol grip drill, and the company has not looked back since! DEWALT and Porter-Cable, which both made our list, are owned by Black + Decker.
With the BDCCS20B, Black + Decker has created an affordable circular saw with high torque for the home handyman, which is backed by a limited two-year warranty.The saw is powered by a 20V battery (which is not supplied with the purchase). However, any 20V battery in the Black & Decker range can be used. As with all cordless tools, the higher the battery capacity, the longer you can keep on working, though this comes at the cost of extra weight.This circular saw has a tool-free depth cut and an easy-to-use bevel adjustment, allowing for more precise angle cutting without all the hassle of looking for tools. You can do bevel cutting with detents of 45 degrees and 90 degrees. It slices through 2” wood easily without jamming or seizing.This cordless saw features an attractive and compact design. This is a lightweight saw that weighs in at only about 6lbs (without the battery), making it easy to carry around and do small jobs around the home.
- High torque motor 5-1/2-Inch. fast cutting blade for a variety of cuts
- Tool-free depth of cut allows for easy depth adjustments
- Bevel adjustment with detents at 45 and 90 degrees
- Compact design for ease of use
- Works with the entire BLACK+DECKER 20V MAX System (Battery and charger sold separately)
What’s to like about the BLACK + DECKER BDCCS20B 20V MAX 5.5-Inch Circular Saw
- Lightweight and easy to use
- Easy bevel adjustment
- High torque
What’s not to like about the BLACK + DECKER BDCCS20B 20V MAX 5.5-Inch Circular Saw
- Blade is sometimes difficult to fit
3. Makita SH02R1 12V Max CXT 3-3/8” Circular Saw Kit
If you are thinking of doing home improvements, two things are of key importance when planning the project. The first is knowing how to do the job, and the second is having the right tool for the job. Keeping that in mind, if you are planning to install or repair things like floors or moldings, you need to choose the best cordless circular saw you can easily carry around that may well become an indispensable part of your toolkit.
This small circular saw from Makita is ideal for cutting wood up to 1” thick. The 3-3/8” blade has the power to make short work of cutting plywood, pegboard, melamine and drywall.Because of the configuration of its handle, this circular saw is compact enough to work in tight spaces. It only weighs 3.5lbs without the battery, making it a handy tool to carry around with you while you are busy working.You can purchase the Makita on its own or as a kit with two 12V 2.0Ah CXT batteries and a charger. The world-famous Makita CXT lithium-ion batteries have an LED charge level indicator and a reliable Battery Protection Circuit that prevents overloading, over-discharging and overheating.Check this out: Makita supplies a 3-year limited warranty on the saw, batteries and charger. When was the last you saw a battery that came with 3-year warranty?
- Makita-built motor delivers 1,500 RPM for faster cutting
- 3-3/8" blade delivers a maximum cutting depth of 1" for a wide range of cutting applications
- Adjustable cutting depth from 1" at 90Degree and 5/8" at 45Degree
- Tilting base for bevel cuts from 0Degree - 45Degree
- Cuts plywood, MDF, pegboard, particleboard, melamine, drywall and more
What’s to like about the Makita SH02R1 12V Max CXT 3-3/8” Circular Saw Kit
- Excellent build quality
- Lightweight and easy to carry
- Easy to maneuver
- 3-year limited warranty on the saw, batteries and charger carry case
What’s not to like about the Makita SH02R1 12V Max CXT 3-3/8” Circular Saw Kit
- Only cuts to a depth of 1”
4. PORTER-CABLE PCC660B 20V Max 6.5-Inch Circular Saw
A pioneer of several groundbreaking hand power tools, Porter-Cable has been around since 1906. It is now owned by Black + Decker.
The Porter-Cable PCC660B is designed for heavy duty sawing at an affordable price. This 6.5” saw has a cutting capacity of 2-1/8”.The blade’s carbide-tipped blade will hold the edge for 10 to 20 times longer than a plain blade.The saw is designed with an over-molded contoured handle to provide comfortable handling. The unit weighs a slight 6.5lbs (with the battery it weighs 7.3lbs), making it comfortable to carry around and control when in use. If you need to do edges and finishing, the beveling shoe pivots to 50 degrees. You are also protected by the blade brake that cuts the motor out as soon as you let go of the power button.This Porter-Cable saw comes with plastic depth and bevel set screws as well as plastic housing and rubberized handles. The saw’s shoe and body have been molded onto the end of the plastic upper guard assembly, which may cause the unit to become unsteady as the plastic housing warms up during use. Care has to be taken to ensure that you keep the blade straight while working, which could become a chore over time.
- High-Performance Motor delivers 4000 RPM's for aggressive cutting
- 6-1/2" Carbide Tooth Blade delivers a 2-1/8' cutting capacity
- Beveling Shoe pivots up to 50 degrees
- Contoured Over molded Handle
What’s to like about the PORTER-CABLE PCC660B 20V Max 6.5-Inch Circular Saw
- Ergonomic rubberized handles for comfort
- Lightweight and easy to maneuver
- Highly affordable for a cordless 6.5” circular saw
What’s not to like about the PORTER-CABLE PCC660B 20V Max 6.5-Inch Circular Saw
- Instability due to shoe and body molded onto plastic upper guard
5. Hitachi C18DGLP4 18V 6.5-Inch Circular Saw
Hitachi power tools have earned their reputation through the years with consistent quality and affordability, and their Lifetime Tool Warranty proves that they are committed to supplying excellent customer service.
The motor delivers a respectable 4,500 RPM to allow the Hitachi C18DGLP4 to cut through 2” of material with the minimum of fuss and noise. However, you do need to keep in mind that as this is a cordless saw, it is not designed for performing heavy-duty tasks daily.The tool itself only weighs 6.2lbs and is easy to carry around – one of the main reasons you might want a cordless saw.Hitachi developed this cordless circular saw for use with their 18V lithium ion batteries. The blade is positioned on the left-hand side of the saw. This makes it easier to see the cutting line, and the built-in spotlight also helps with this task. Changing blades is a simple task, and a standard 6-1/2″ 18-tooth saw blade and hex bar wrench are included in the package.Working with a circular saw for extended periods can become very tiring. The soft grip handle eases the strain on your hands after extended use, making it easier to control and preventing discomfort for your arms and hands.
- Hitachi Power Tools has renamed to Metabo HPT. Same great tools, with only a new name.
- Soft grip handle for improved comfort and less fatigue
- Left side blade position for easy operation
- Electric brake for increased safety and precision
- 50 degree bevel angle adjusts to meet the application
What’s to like about the Hitachi C18DGLP4 18V 6.5-Inch Circular Saw
- Left-side blade position
- Lifetime warranty
- Built-in spotlight helps you to see cutting line
What’s not to like about the Hitachi C18DGLP4 18V 6.5-Inch Circular Saw
- Not designed for heavy-duty usage
In our opinion, the best cordless circular saw for heavier-duty home use is the DeWalt DCS391B 20V max 6.5” circular saw. This saw will handle heavy-duty work with ease, cutting through 2” material like a hot knife through butter.If you are looking for a light-duty tool that is easy to carry around the yard or home, the best cordless circular saw for you would be the Makita SH02R1 circular saw that can be purchased as a kit with its own carry case and 2 Makita CXT batteries.